911. For years, those numbers simply meant a call for help. Now they also remind us of September 11, 2001, the date of the worst terrorist attack on the United States of America and one of the deadliest days ever on American soil. In October 2001, the United States Congress passed a joint resolution designating that every September 11th be observed as "Patriot Day," and in 2009, a presidential proclamation declared that Patriot Day is also to be a "National Day of Service." On this National Day of Service and Remembrance, the faculty and staff of CGE would like to pay tribute to those men and women who lost their lives that day or in the following years defending our nation by asking that on Friday, September 9th students wear red, white and blue to school in remembrance of September 11, 2001, a day that changed our nation forever.
The annual school status report for Coppergate Elementary School can be viewed at the school upon request OR by going to the following Florida Department of Education link: http://doeweb-prd.doe.state.fl.us/eds/nclbspar/index.cfm
Download the OneClay App to get on-the-go information from the School District of Clay County! You can customize your app to get emergency notifications, follow school calendars, and learn the story of your school through fun social media updates! There are also quick links to our most used applications, such as Focus, bus transportation, school menus, and adding money to lunch accounts. Click here to learn how to download the OneClay app so you can stay up to date on all that's happening here at CGE!
Click on the image below to see a list of clothing items and school supplies and their taxable status during the tax free period.
Recent events have reminded us just how important it is to be able to directly communicate information in an emergency situation. Please be sure to keep your CELL phone number(s) updated with your child's school and to download the OneClay app for your smartphone, if you have not already done so. By doing these two things, it allows us to share via phone call or push notification the best information we have available if an emergency situation arises. Let's work together to keep everyone informed!
During the week of May 2, 2016 – May 6, 2016 all elementary schools in Clay County will be registering kindergarten students for the 2016-2017 school year. To enter kindergarten, a child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2016, verified by a registered birth certificate (Florida Statute 1003.21.) Clay County policy has no provision for early admission to kindergarten.
Florida’s Compulsory Immunization Law requires that, prior to entry, attendance or transfer; all children comply with the state adopted immunization schedule (Florida Statute 1003.22). For the 2016-2017 school year, DH Form 680 (or Religious Exemption DH Form 681) is the only acceptable immunization certificate for admittance to a public or non-public school, grades Pre-K through 12. The Form 680 can be obtained from your doctor or the Clay County Health Department. The Form 681 can be obtained from the Clay County Health Department.
A child may be certified as fully immunized if he/she has completed, prior to entry, the following vaccinations:
· 4 or 5 doses of Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DtaP) vaccine
· 2 or 3 doses of Hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccine—requires 6 months to complete
· 3, 4 or 5 doses of Polio vaccine *
· 2 doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine
· 2 doses of varicella vaccine †
* If fourth dose of vaccine is administered prior to fourth birthday, a fifth dose of polio vaccine is required for kindergarten entry only.
† Varicella vaccine is not required if varicella disease is documented by health care provider
A school physical examination performed within one year prior to the first day of enrollment is also a required requirement.
In addition to health documentation and proof of date of birth, you will need multiple proofs of residency. Some items required for proof of residency (3 - 4 required) are driver’s license/Florida i.d. with current address, current utility bills, mortgage or rental agreement, and insurance, credit card or bank statements. A complete list of registration requirements is available on the Parent page of our District website at: http://www.oneclay.net/parents.html
Registration is not considered complete without ALL required documents.
Parents may register their children at any time during the week of May 2, 2016 – May 6, 2016; this early registration will enable all involved to do a better job in planning for the next school year. We encourage parents to take advantage of this early registration opportunity.